We are experienced in buying and selling all kinds of residential property including houses, flats (including share of freehold), new build property, buy to lets, shared ownership, council right to buy, transfer of ownership or equity and remortgages.
We are on the lending panel of all major lenders including Santander, Nationwide, Lloyds including Bank of Scotland/Halifax, Royal Bank of Scotland including NatWest, HSBC and Barclays/Woolwich.
We deal with conveyancing for any property located in England and Wales.
Let kenneth elliott + rowe take the stress out of your move – put your instructions in safe hands.
If you are comparing quotes given to you by estate agents, you’ll know there are firms offering conveyancing at a wide range of prices. Please remember:
- Some firms provide very low initial quotes – but read the small print – they then charge for many items we would consider to be a usual part of the conveyancing process such as providing undertakings and obtaining indemnity insurance.
- Some firms leave third party costs out of their initial quote e.g. searches and then boost their profits by marking these up.
- Some conveyancers try to make more money by juggling a high volume of cases at once. A heavy case-load means that your sale or purchase may be relegated to back of the queue.
- Some firms restrict access to the lawyer by using telephone call centres or unqualified case handlers.
- You will not have personal access to your lawyer or be able to meet face-to-face.
At kenneth elliott + rowe we do things differently.
Estate Agent Recommendations/Panel Firms
If you’re being referred to a lawyer by a third party think why are they doing it? For a referral fee or internal corporate pressure (for example Bairstow Eves and Abbotts always recommend Countrywide Property Lawyers as they are part of the same group) – but is this best for you – just look at the reviews http://www.ciao.co.uk/Reviews/Countrywide_Property_Lawyers__5658256/Start/15 )
Ask how much your agent is being paid by the lawyer – you may be surprised at the amount – if they are properly regulated they are meant to tell you. If you want to read more about referral fees see this article from the Daily Mail
Also consider all reviews carefully – some lawyers pack their google reviews using a paid “review service” such as Feefo. Does this give a true picture?
- Fixed fee service
- Highly competitive prices
- Friendly and knowledgeable
- Specialist lawyers
- Good local contacts
- Email communication
- Expedited transactions at no extra cost