A Notary is a member of a distinct and independent branch of the legal profession whose duties include authenticating or certifying signatures. A notary can act of individuals or companies to enable them to use documents anywhere in the world. Quite often this is required when transacting business overseas for example buying and selling real property.
Duties can also extend to the preparation of a wide range of legal documents, for example:
- Applications for citizenship
- Verification of transactions relating to sale and purchase of land and property overseas
- Authentication of capacity, identity and signatures
- Transfer of patents, trade marks and domain names
- Bills of Exchange - noting, protesting and general advice
- Certification of documents
- Legalisation service with the Foreign Office (Apostille) and Foreign Embassies
- Verifying specimen signatures
- Preparation and witnessing of Powers of Attorney
- Preparation of sponsorship forms for persons visiting the UK from abroad
- Taking declarations and affidavits for use abroad
- Verification of evidence in litigation or insurance claims
This function is carried out by Roger Ramsey, Notary Public.
Roger Ramsey Notary Public serving Romford Hornchurch Upminster Brentwood Gidea Park Collier Row Harold Hill Ilford East London and Essex